Tuesday, October 27, 2015

2015-2016 NBA Over/Unders

So I've been out of wrestling for about 4 months. I've found that keeping myself busy is the best thing to curb my appetite to get in a ring and in front of a crowd. That being said my passion for wrestling is only matched by my passion for basketball. More specifically NBA basketball. So today, the day the season tips off I've decided to make my predictions on the over/under's. Anyone who's a fan of basketball and wants to comment/talk shop/debate with me about this is more than welcome.

Eastern Conference

Atlanta Hawks - 49.5

This ones coming in well under their total wins for last year. They lost Carroll who was the lunch pin to their defence last year especially after they lost Sefolosha. Now they hope Bazemore can help fill the void and take the task of guarding the NBA's most talented position. I'm going to take the slight under on this one, probably 48-49 wins. Korver is 34? Coming off an injury that put him out in the playoffs. Expect a monster year from Horford in a contract year.

UNDER

Boston Celtics - 42.5

This ones simple and easy for me. Over. They have more depth at every position than any team in the league, too much in the front court. David Lee will look to re-establish himself as a top option on offence. Underrated Amir Johnson comes in to lock down the defence. The Celtics will only get better.

OVER

Brooklyn Nets - 28.5

This one could have been 22 and I'd still pick the under. If you took both Lopez twins and combined them you'd have a superstar. Unfortunately Brook can't do what his brother can and that leaves a huge void down low on D. Johnson is getting old and Jarrett Jack shouldn't start at the NBAs deepest position on any team!  Best part, they have no draft picks... Doomed.

UNDER

Charlotte Hornets - 32.5

People seem high on Charlotte after a successful pre season, taking more 3's than ever before. Lin is a more traditional point guard than Kemba and I think they'll be a great backcourt combo. Batum comes in just in time to pick up the slack for injured MKG. All the while Al Jefferson is in a contract year and will show up looking to get paid. Over for me, slight as it may be. Not hard for a middle of the pack team to get 35 wins in the east.

OVER

Chicago Bulls - 49.5

I'm going to take the over. I believe Hoiberg will let the offence loose, and pray Rose stays healthy. They're going to have to make some moves in the front court. Bobby Portis will command minutes. Predicting Noah is on the move for draft picks and an expiring by February.

OVER

Cleveland Cavaliers - 56.5

Don't hate me Cleveland. You're still going to the finals. But I'm taking the under. I think the cavs will coast and try to avoid the games that take a physical toll in the regular season. All about staying healthy till spring.

UNDER

Detroit Pistons - 33.5

Detroit is still one of those middle of the pack in need of identity teams. I see SVG trying to create the same magic he did in Orlando with Dwight. Drummond has the skill set and will get MAX money in the off season. If they stay healthy I'll take the slight over. Prediction: Stanley Johnson makes a run at ROTY.

OVER

Indiana Pacers - 42.5

This is a weird team. The past few years I thought Indiana (if healthy) were a championship team. Paul George is one of the top 10 players in basketball. That can usually get you 42 wins with a decent supporting cast in the east. I'll take the over.

OVER

Miami Heat - 45.5

This team is stacked. Check that starting 5! Not so much Wade for me. But Bosh and Goran together will be magic. Whiteside was a gem for them also looking to be paid this offseason. Winslow was a great pick up and Gerald Green is my pick for 6th Man.

OVER

Milwaukee Bucks - 43.5

I like the way they played Chicago in the playoffs last year. Antatukumpo(sp? Can you blame me?) is a superstar. They're going to give teams hell on defence and Monroe will have a bigger impact than people seem to think.

OVER

New York Knicks - 31.5

Not a chance. I think Anthony will be in a new uniform by the deadline. It looks like a bag of mixed parts to me with no identity and from what I saw a terrible coach.

UNDER

Orlando Magic - 32.5

Why is this one so low? They're starting line up is young, skilled and full of potential. They got one of the best defensive coaches in the league and have depth where it matters. Things are looking up for the magic.

OVER

Philadelphia 76ers - 21.5

This ones about right. They're a patient team. Waiting on a superstar acquisition. Okafor will likely be ROTY. Noel will look like a star in the making this year. But theirs no depth.

UNDER

Toronto Raptors - 45.5

I don't see us doing worse than last year. JV got paid but will take a step forward. Derozan wants max money next year so he'll bust his ass. Carroll, Joseph and Lowry will do all the right things. Call me a FAM (fat ass mark) but I'm optimistic.

OVER

Washington Wizards - 45.5

John Wall is a beast. Beal looks like he's coming into his own. The loss of pierce hurts. But Walls ready to be a leader.

OVER

Western Conference

Dallas Mavericks - 38.5

This team always seems to surprise me. I think it looks like a disaster in the west this year. I love Matthews but that max contract looks like a bad decision. I don't see them staying healthy enough to be competitive. Oh and Zaza Pachulia is your starting centre!? Haha

UNDER

Denver Nuggets - 26.5

They have some interesting role players that are being asked to do too much. They're on the way up but I don't see them winning more than 25 games.

UNDER

Golden State Warriors - 60.5

They were extremely healthy last year. They're still the team to beat, last year wasn't a fluke. But I'm taking the slight under here. Just makes sense to me.

UNDER

Houston Rockets - 54.5

I see this team exceeding all expectations. Harden is my backcourt MVP. They're deep, and Lawson will take some of the pressure off Harden handling the ball.

OVER

LA Clippers - 56.5

I think Stephenson will be a disaster. Otherwise this team is set up to make a run. I think Blake Griffin is the most underrated player in basketball. If they win 60 plus look for him or CP3 for MVP.

OVER

LA Lakers - 29.5

I see Russell struggling for a bit. Especially with Kobe hogging the ball. Randle will get some good minutes and show flashes of being a franchise player. They'll struggle to get to 30 wins in the packed Western Conference.

UNDER

Memphis Grizzlies - 50.5

They play smash mouth in your face traditional basketball. Conley is one of the best PGs in the game. If they could get Charles Barkley out of retirement they'd sign him. Team attitude. PS. Trade VC to the raps for a 2nd rounder.

OVER

Minnesota Timberwolves - 25.5

I see great things for the wolves. Greater things than projected. I think Lavine, Wiggins, Rubio, Towns and Garnett can scrap for more than 26 wins.

OVER

New Orleans Pelicans - 47.5

Everyone's high on this team. I get it. Anthony Davis is a once in a lifetime player. He's poised to be MVP this year. But Gordon, Asik and Holiday are all disasters for them. If they win 48 it will be because Davis plays 48minutes per game.

UNDER

Oklahoma City Thunder - 57.5

I'd say they'll coast and not care about the regular season... But Westbrook is on this team. That man never takes a night off. Durant wants to remind everyone he's the best player in basketball and they're as deep as deep gets. They'll challenge Houston for most regular season wins.

OVER

Phoenix Suns - 36.5

I think this team has more potential to become a disaster than surprise. Breaking up the Morris twins was a terrible idea. Signing a mid 30's center to a long term lucrative contract was also a bad play. I just can't get behind this one.

UNDER

Portland Trailblazers - 26.5

This is a completely new team than we saw last year. Lillard will put this team on his back for at least 27 wins.

OVER

Sacramento Kings - 30.5

I know all the bad stuff you can say about Cousins, Rondo and coach Karl. But with Cousins on your team demanding doubles and surrounding him with 3point threats I think this team can win more than 31.

OVER

San Antonio Spurs - 58.5

I don't think they care about the regular season. They're a dynasty. They look stacked. (This is the team id like to see win it all)

UNDER

Utah Jazz - 40.5

Exam is hurt?.. Gobert will be DOPY. Hayward is a beast. I think Trey Burke will finally realize his potential and Rodney Hood will take a big step forward. Don't sleep on Derek Favors either! Great young team.

OVER

That's it. I'm likely wrong on a lot. But whatever. If I had to bet right now, I'd say Cavs/Thunder finals. With the Thunder finally taking it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment